Somewhere Blog Post

 




The reason why I chose to incorporate myself into this scene of the show Rick and Morty is because of the amount of humor and random actions taking place in the scene. Also Rick and Morty is my favorite television show. The scene is about a universe where pizza is used as furniture, phones are the people in society, and people are considered as food. The phone on the left is placing a pizza order with people as toppings and to add to the randomness occurring in this scene, I thought it would be fun to incorporate myself smiling at the television as the red phone is placing a person pizza order. I think people should care because as busy and caught up everyone is with their everyday job, I believe as emotional human beings we should not forget to laugh once in awhile. In other words, people should care about my artwork because feel free to laugh when viewing my artwork because of the amount of randomness and the bizarre things occurring in this scene of me in it. 

My artwork represents the normative behavior of people when a group of people are ordering pizza. Although instead of the behavior being taken by people, the people in the scene are phones and the actions taking place of the scene is two phones deciding which type of person pizza to order. This action of my artwork represents the typical actions of when deciding what type of pizza to order. In addition, when I incorporated myself into the artwork I included another component that takes place which are the people not involved in the conversation and are just doing other things such as watching television. What this artwork means to me is nostalgia because it has me think about all the times that I had sleepovers; my mom and brother would discuss what type of pizza to order and I would be watching T.V. while this conversation occurred.  




Comments

  1. I really like this project, I think you did a great job in blending yourself into the background even though it is an animated show. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this project! This was a unique idea which you did a great job executing it! You made this project seem fun and did a great job blending yourself into the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one while i was uploading mine! Love it! its very creative and goofy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really good! I like how you are around fictional characters and you did a really good job putting yourself into the scene.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BW to Color

Blog #0

Logo Tag Brush